I had mine at 42 and have had several since.
Almost everyone has a moment. It’s when you know or understand something that was previously a source of confusion. Somehow out of reach.
This moment of clarity can be filled with relief…or terror.
Maybe it’s been germinating in the background for years. But when a ‘moment of knowing’ shows up, it feels sudden…and it’s packed with lessons that teach us how to listen and trust ourselves.
If we listen, life starts moving in a new direction.
Here are some examples of such moments……
- I’m going to marry him/her.
- We’re pregnant.
- My life isn’t working anymore.
- Something’s got to change.
- I’m going to start a business.
- I need to go back to school.
- I want a new job.
- I’m going to leave him/her.
- S/he is going to divorce me.
- We need an intervention.
- I’ve been betrayed.
- I must do that ONE thing I’m afraid to do…or at least try!
Typically, these are intimate landmark moments of knowing. They’re about ordinary things….that end up creating memorable, life-altering experiences.
These game-changing moments do not like being neglected.
When ignored, they don’t disappear.
Instead, they wait patiently…for years, sometimes decades…until the next opportunity arises.
And, when it taps you on the shoulder, that’s when you know. This is the moment.