Counseling and Therapy for Couples
Our Clients Want Their Relationship To Be Better
At Wellness Counseling Center, we will be focused and working with you privately every step of the way. We are deeply committed to helping you identify your negative cycle, remove blocks that keep you apart and then finally, connect with your partner and learn how to pay close attention to your relationship. People in distressed relationships rarely want to leave their partner; they want things to be better. You may want to go back to the way things used to be but most often, people want their relationship to be peaceful, richer, deeper and more meaningful. This takes work and for those who want to do the work, we have a plan.
Your Options to Get Started
We have developed a GateWay of Care consisting of four focused programs:
- Couples Counseling — flexible week-to-week services that fit your calendar.
- Couples Intensives, Retreats and Workshops — to achieve swift results.
- Pre-Marital Services — explore and strengthen your relationship.
- Coaching Services — launch a new chapter / create something extraordinary.
All our programs are private and designed to meet you exactly where you are. We begin by assessing your situation as quickly as possible, then paradoxically, we slow things down so you can see exactly what you need in order to bring about change so you can enjoy the relationship you truly deserve.
We love working with people who want to understand themselves better, and make positive, proactive change. If your partner can’t join you, we will happily see you individually.
Couples Counseling, Intensives, Retreats & Workshops, as well as, Pre-marital services are all based on best practices and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), a science based method validated with over 20 years of empirical research. Studies in EFT consistently show 70-75% of couples move from distress to recovery and approximately 90% show significant improvements; typically within 8-20 sessions. At Wellness Counseling, we find 16 sessions to be optimal for most couples although some couples complete their goals in less. Pre-marital service typically consist of 4 sessions.
How We Can Help
Whether you’re looking for significant long-term change or a subtle shift in your relationship, Dr. Anne Hancock and the Wellness Counseling Center team of professional couples therapists can help you:
- Connect with your partner
- Communicate what you need and want in ways your partner can hear
- Develop a safer and more secure relationship
- Address Infidelity
- Create higher levels of intimacy, trust and satisfaction
- End the feelings of loneliness and isolation and
- Stop wasting your time and energy and start enjoying your life