Designed To Help You and Your Partner Respect, Connect and Fall in Love Again
This Intensive is private and not a group effort. It is designed especially for you and your partner to experience a couples therapy weekend retreat in Charlotte, North Carolina. We use a protocol that is science-based and highly effective. This personalized service is conducted only by our most experienced therapists and they are with you every step of the way. This couples therapy weekend retreat is especially helpful if:
- You have the same argument over and over again and you can’t get out of the loop.
- Your relationship has reached a tipping point. You want to do something now to keep things from getting worse.
- You love your partner, yet you are thinking about separation or divorce and you want to get off that slippery slope.
- Infidelity (emotional or physical) decimated your relationship and you want to trust or be trusted again.
- An emotional or physical affair decimated your relationship and you want to trust or be trusted again.
- You want to start a new conversation and communicate differently.
- You don’t understand how you got from there to here…and you are ready for a change.
"Our marriage had hit rock bottom and we could not communicate on any level. We decided to commit to these 2½ days to see what we could learn. The outcome was a better understanding of who we were as a couple and why we were hiding emotionally from each other.
By the end of day two, we finally realized how much we love each other and how much we misunderstood each other. It's amazing how simple, yet how difficult this journey was.
Today I have my life, my loving wife, and my family that I was sure I was going to lose."
Move at an Accelerated Pace
This program will move quickly from big picture to your specific issue(s).
We cover eight to ten weeks of couples counseling in 12-14 hours within 2½ days. During this time we see no other clients and take no calls or emails because your therapist is 100% devoted to you, your partner and your relationship. As your relationship consultant, we are always fully present for the process and we go through it together. Here are the Three Relationship Essentials you are going to accomplish:
- Identify your relationship’s negative patterns and key responses
- Initiate authentic, heart-opening communication between you
- Move you and your partner toward a safe connection and secure bond
You and your partner will start re-creating a special connection…..what we like to call a sacred space.
“My therapist has a kind, effective and balanced approach with couples. She’s gentle but firm about making each person work on their own issues.”
Emotional safety and connection show up differently in every relationship. In the most basic and universal terms, it means being:
…by the person who means the most to you. It takes a very special person to participate in this kind of intense and focused approach.
Commit to "Going Off Grid"
Give yourself, your relationship, and your partner your full attention for 2½ days.
It’s important to consider if a marriage therapy weekend is right for you. Once you and your partner are ready to get started, simply follow the steps below:
- Complete this form. Once we receive it, a Wellness team member will be in touch to schedule a 20-minute consultation at a mutually convenient time.
- The consultation is simple, straightforward and designed to help us determine if this work is right for you and your situation. After that, we’ll move forward with scheduling your couples counseling weekend retreat.
- After you select the date for your retreat, we will provide you with everything you need to get started including scheduling a 60-minute Pre-Intensive Zoom meeting. This helps us learn more about you and your partner and understand your situation better. It’s also an opportunity to discuss your issues, goals and objectives for our work together. We want to be sure this work will be helpful to you.
- We also offer a 1-Day Couples Retreat if your schedule is too demanding, and you cannot commit to an entire weekend.
NOTE: Once your retreat is on the calendar, you will be responsible for making travel arrangements and hotel reservations. If you are local and do not want hotel accommodations we will discuss details during the application process.
What to Expect
We understand you want a new dynamic with your partner and will be laser focused on getting results.
- 60-Minute Pre-Intensive Online Session – To set goals and objectives for our work together.
- On arrival you’ll receive our exclusive Wellness Welcome package.
- Comprehensive Assessment and Discovery conducted around your specific issues and goals.
- 12-14 hours of private, laser-focused couples therapy. Lots of support. No blame. No shame.
- 3 ‘Homework’ assignments to complete each day with follow-up review.
- Couples Workbook and exercises to take home with you to continue your dialogue with each other.
- Assistance in finding a therapist in your home community for continuing work, if needed.
- 30-Minute Post-Intensive Online Session – To review and complete our work together.
After Your Intensive:
Once you’ve taken the deep dive, we want to be sure you have all the on-going support you need. Whether you’re from Charlotte or traveled the globe to be with us, LeeAnne McClure, our Director of Client Relations, will guide you through your options for continuing your EFT journey of relationship healing and connection.
"Dr. Hancock was literally our last hope. We had stopped talking and I could not see the man I loved. We both knew it would take a miracle for us to find each other again.
With Dr. Hancock's help we created a safe place to open up and see that we really wanted each other. The best part… we created something new and we are now embarking on a new marriage with a solid foundation. I felt heard, understood, and valued.
Dr. Hancock is the toughest, most even, compassionate ring master I have ever known. It was the hardest, most fulfilling 2½ days of my life."
Marriage Counseling Weekend Retreat Requirements
Travel and Hotel
You will be responsible for your travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, car rental and meals, as well as any entertainment or recreational expenses i.e., golf or spa treatments. For our retreats, we recommend staying at the Hampton Inn at Phillips Place. It’s ideally located and a short 10-minute drive from our Cotswold office.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, SouthPark at Phillips Place 6700 Phillips Place Court, Charlotte, NC 28210 Phone: 704-319-5700
We may be available to travel to your area to conduct an Intensive Retreat in the privacy of your own home. Additional fees would apply for travel and lodging.
Payment, Cancellation and Reschedule Policy
We believe it’s important for you to know that during your Intensive all of our time and energy is devoted exclusively to you and your partner. We plan, block our calendars and prepare in order to assure you the best possible experience. For this reason, we want to be clear about our payment, cancellation and reschedule policy.
For all Intensives, half (50%) of the fee is due when you reserve the date and is non-refundable. The remaining balance (50%) is due 10 days before the Intensive begins. If for any reason you decide to cancel 11 days or more before your Intensive begins, your remaining balance will not be processed. If, however, you decide to reschedule at the 11 day mark or prior, your remaining balance will be processed according to the terms of the originally scheduled date.
If you cancel 10 days or less before the originally scheduled start date, your entire payment may be applied to a single rescheduled Intensive date. Please know, the rescheduled Intensive must be completed within 90 days from the original scheduled date.
"This 2½ Day Retreat is a game changer. We have tried several different psychologists and approaches for "couples therapy" in the last 17 years, and EFT is hands down the most engaging and truly helpful approach we have ever experienced. It truly puts all of our previous experiences to shame.
We are hopeful for our future together and look forward to our continued work using EFT. If your relationship is struggling and you can't figure out how to solve it on your own. This is it. Don't give up without trying this first. You will be pleasantly surprised."