If you're overwhelmed, exhausted, and looking for answers, Wellness Counseling Center can help.
Here at Wellness Counseling Center, we utilize Play Therapy to support families and empower children. Through creative and therapeutic play, we help your child communicate effectively and express themselves in healthy and appropriate ways.
If you observe any of these behaviors, your child could benefit from this type of therapy:
- Difficulty maintaining focus
- Frequent outbursts or withdraws and internalizes problems
- Difficulty handling transitions from one activity to another
- Difficulty understanding the likely consequences of their actions
- Gives up easily on challenging or tedious tasks
- Unable to explore solutions to a problem
- Difficulty managing frustration
- Has stomachaches, headaches, or a sense of worthlessness
Whether your child suffers from social anxiety, anger management, ADHD, autism, or other behavioral issues, they will benefit from our Play Therapy techniques. We teach your child to slow down, listen, and channel their emotions in a better way.
Every kid can benefit from child counseling, not just those with behavioral issues. This form of therapy teaches children vital social skills and healthy problem-solving habits that they can carry into adulthood. Additionally, children’s play therapy focuses on the ability to communicate feelings, worries, experiences, and beliefs. Our professional therapists will help guide and support your child throughout the process.
Play is a child’s language and toys are their voice.
Child-Centered Play Therapy utilizes creative and expressive activities to help your child identify and label emotions. Children’s Play Therapy is remarkably simple and a powerful place of self-discovery. Once your child knows that our office and their therapy hour is a safe place, a spark is lit. When your child learns to express emotions in a healthy way while being acknowledged and heard, it helps build more confidence, healthier relationships, and a stronger family.
At Wellness, we create that safe space for your child to express their feelings by utilizing play-therapy techniques. Then, every 4-6 weeks you will be invited to join your child for a joint play session. This provides an opportunity for you to support your child by listening, affirming, offering praise and encouragement during the play session.
Here are some of the benefits of this therapy:
- Increased ability to manage and cope with a variety of emotions
- Increased ability to maintain self-control
- Develop the ability to label and express emotions in an appropriate manner
- Increased self-esteem
- Improved communication skills
- Increased problem-solving skills
- Increased ability to self-regulate emotions (anger, anxiety, depression)
- Learn flexibility / how to shift from one idea or plan to another
- Improve social interaction skills and develop empathy for others
Meet Stephanie Davis, an experienced therapist who works with young people. Stephanie specializes in using Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy techniques with young children ages 3 – 11. She uses other creative methods such as bibliotherapy with adolescents ages 12-17. Stephanie sees children and teens for individual counseling services to help them explore their emotions and develop healthy coping skills.
Stephanie is an extraordinarily talented play therapist and she involves parents regularly and as needed.
Click on the button below to read more about Stephanie. Then, when you’re ready to schedule your appointment, please call us at 704.319.5593 or contact us online here.